VA Hudson Valley Health Care System
Medical Foster Home
What is a Medical Foster Home?
- An affordable option for long-term care. Cost per month is based on the care needs and income of the Veteran.
- A safe and caring home in the community where the Veteran receives 24-hour care and supervision in a family setting.
- Medical care within the home provided by the Home Based Primary Care (HBPC) team.
- Veterans who are unable to safely live independently due to functional, cognitive, or psychosocial impairment.
- Veterans who prefer a non-institutional setting for their long-term care, but do not need nursing home or hospital care if a Medical Foster Home (MFH) is available.
- Veterans who have financial resources to pay the cost of care. The financial agreement is between the caregiver and the Veteran and/or Veteran's family and/or legal representative.
Caregiver and Home Requirements
To learn more about the Medical Foster Home Program, please contact FaLisia Cotten, Medical Foster Home Coordinator, at 845-831-2000 ext. 5033 Individuals interested in becoming a caregiver are also encouraged to call.
- Montrose and Castle Point Campus
- 845-831-2000 Ext. 5033
Hours of Operation
- Mon-Fri 8:00am-4:30pm