VA Hudson Valley Health Care System
We've listed some of the ways you can volunteer below. However, if you have special skills to offer, please call us so we can discuss how you can best use your talents to help our patients.
- Volunteer Van Drivers
- Help pick-up outpatients receiving treatments or therapy and other outpatient appointments. To fill this role, you must have a current, valid New York State drivers license and automobile insurance and pass a physical exam. Hours vary.
- Parking Lot Drivers
- Help outpatients in our large parking area with access to the medical center. To fill this role, you must have a current, valid New York State drivers license and automobile insurance and pass a physical exam. Hours vary.
- Volunteer Office Assistant
- Help different medical or administrative offices in the medical center. Duties include computer work, filing, answering phones and greeting and directing patients. Hours vary.
- Pharmacy Assistant
- Help the inpatient pharmacies with medication deliveries throughout the medical center. Hours vary.
- Patient Escort Volunteers
- Provide assistance with pushing patients in wheelchairs to their scheduled appointments. Hours vary.
- Magazine/Book Cart
- Sort donated magazines and books and take the cart to designated ward areas. Hours vary.
- Mail Room Assistant
- Complete mail room projects and deliver mail to medical center departments. Hours vary.
- Ambassador (Customer Service)
- Greeting Veterans and visitors as well as provides directional and escort assistance at the medical center.
- Community Living Center Volunteers
- Provide socialization, as well as assistance at meal times.
- Musical and Artistic Opportunities
- Seeking volunteers to share their musical and artistic talents.
- Veterans History Project
- Seeking volunteers to conduct interviews and collect historical documents. You may also organize interview groups and teach others how to conduct interviews.