In the United States, one in four families has a loved one who has a mental illness. Coping with emotional problems due to mental illness and trauma can be very stressful. The Family Mental Health Program of VA Hudson Valley Health Care System wants to support you.
The SAFE Program, Support And Family Education, Mental Health Facts for Families, is a monthly 1 ¾ - hour confidential workshop for family members and friends. There is no cost associated with participating in the program. All adult and adolescent family members are welcome.
Attending the SAFE Program Workshop provides opportunities to:
- Talk to other family members in similar situations
- Learn about the causes, treatments, and medications for emotional problems
- Receive emotional support and encouragement
- Ask doctors questions
- Improve your ability to take care of yourself
For more information, contact Elana Fine, LCSW, at 914-737-4400, x-3436, or email at Elana.Fine@va.gov.
• 2013 SAFE Program Workshop Schedule